Solterra brings more than just solar power to your home—we bring in dramatic savings upwards of five figures yearly for your household, without sacrificing the comfort that your household appliances bring.

Baras, Rizal | 3kW Installation Project

A family living and working from their home in Baras, Rizal wanted to decrease on power costs without foregoing comfort. They regularly use their 1.5-horsepower air conditioner in the daytime, and operate regular household appliances (such as refrigerators, fans, lights, and a pump)—for an average monthly electric bill of Php 7,000. To help save on costs, the family installed a 3kW Solterra system last August 2017. 

On February 2018, their solar panel system generated energy that reduced their consumption by about Php 2,894 (271kWh) and exported Php 390 (84kWh) in peso credits. Even with regular usage, they were able to decrease their bill by around 47% to just Php 3,715.12—giving them an estimated yearly saving of Php 40,000! 

 

%

Bill Reduction

Before Solar

Monthly Bill: Php 7,000 average
Monthly Consumed: 650 kWh average

Appliances Used: Aircon, Pump, Refrigerator, Lights, and Fans

System Installed

Date: August 2017
Duration: 1-2 Days installation

System: 3kW Capacity
Panels:
12 REC Solar Panels
Inverter: SolaX Power

After Solar

Monthly Bill: Php 3,715 (Feb 2018)
Monthly Produced: 355 kWh

Monthly Saved: Php 2,894 (271 kWh)
Monthly Sold: Php 390 (84 kWh)

Est. Annual Output: 4,400 kWh
Est. Annual Savings: Php 40,000

Rosario, Cavite | 5kW Installation Project

Located in Rosario, Cavite, this household had an average monthly power bill of around Php 6,000 consuming around 580kWh. The family uses their air conditioner regularly, along with their televisions, computers, refrigerators, washing machines, and other basic household appliances. They wanted a system that would drastically reduce their energy bill and produce surplus power that they could then exchange for peso credits.

In June 2016, they installed a 5kW system that resulted in a dramatic decrease in their electricity costs. By February 2018, their solar panel system generated energy that reduced their consumption by Php 2,298 (221kWh) and exported Php 1,673 (371 kWh) in peso credits. Using only 37% of the solar power generated and selling off the remaining 63%, their estimated annual savings stands at a whopping Php 50,000!

 

%

Bill Reduction

Before Solar

Monthly Bill: Php 6,000 average
Monthly Consumed: 580 kWh average

Appliances Used: Aircon, Television, Computer, Pump, Refrigerator, Washing Machine, Lights, and Fans

System Installed

Date: June 2016
Duration: 1-2 Days installation

System: 5kW Capacity
Panels:
20 Trina Solar Panels
Inverter: Zeversolar

After Solar

Monthly Bill: Php 2,028 (Feb 2018)
Monthly Produced: 592 kWh

Monthly Saved: Php 2,298 (221 kWh)
Monthly Sold: Php 1,673 (371 kWh)

Est. Annual Output: 7,100 kWh
Est. Annual Savings: Php 50,000

Valenzuela | 35kW Installation Project

A commercial establishment located in Valenzuela City wanted to decrease operational expenses, by means of their power cost. Employees regularly use computers on their work stations, lights, and fans during work hours; while the establishment’s large air conditioning units are used all day. Their total consumption goes up to a monthly average of Php 40,000 worth of electricity. By January 2018, management decided to install a 35kW system to help decrease expenses in the long run.

On April 2018, their solar panel system was able to generate energy that reduced their consumption by Php 14,584 (1389kWh) and exported Php 12,976 (2821kWh) worth of peso credits. Their monthly electric bill was reduced by 69%, amounting to just Php 12,438.90—giving them an estimated annual saving of an outstanding Php 330,000!

 

%

Bill Reduction

Before Solar

Monthly Bill: Php 40,000 average
Monthly Consumed: 3800 kWh average

Appliances Used: Aircon, Computers, Lights, and Fans

System Installed

Date: January 2018
Duration: 8-10 Days installation

System: 35kW Capacity
Panels:
 140 REC Solar Panels
Inverter: SolaX Power

After Solar

Monthly Bill: Php 12,438 (April 2018)
Monthly Produced: 4210 kWh

Monthly Saved: Php 14,584 (1389 kWh)
Monthly Sold: Php 12,976 (2821 kWh)

Est. Annual Output: 50,000 kWh
Est. Annual Savings: Php 330,000

More about Net Metering

Basics   |   How to Apply   |   FAQs